NaPoMo QOTD Special Guest Star Robert Frost. You're Going To Read It, Don't Pretend You Won't

"The woods are lovely dark and deep
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."
 - Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening by Robert Frost* (PoLau '58-'59)

Who doesn't love some Bobby Frost? I thought it would be nice to see a few lines that we all know and recognize. Plus, I've been up since 4am and, honestly, I don't have the energy to do much of anything today. And I, too, have miles to go before I sleep. Well, just one mile, but it's really hot and I have to walk with my laptop, so it feels like miles. Don't judge me.

*From The Poets Laureate Anthology, published by W.W. Norton in association with the Library of Congress. Poem copyright Robert Frost.

Comments

I would never judge you for this quote. It brought back a lovely memory of the fourth grade students I'd forced to memorize and recite the poem spontaneously reciting it in unison for the principal the day we had a rare outbreak of snow flurries.

Of course, after that, I just had to take them outside to let them dance around in the flying flakes (while they lasted.) :)

That's what poetry should be about. Sharing and making memories.
Jerusha said…
Fact!