Three Chances for Free Books Plus Lunchreads Special!


Today, I'm blogging on atmospherics over at the Romance Book Club. To win a free, autographed copy of any of my backlist titles, please follow the link and leave a note about your favorite book settings (feel free to mention the books and authors that go with them) and don’t forget to leave your e-mail so I can contact you if you’re one of my three winners.

Also, I wanted to give a huge shout-out to BtO reader Jenny Milchman, who's two-part suspense story, "Gone" is featured over at this amazing blog called Lunch Reads, which describes itself as
"a blog dedicated to short fiction you can read on your lunch hour. Lunch Reads stories will come in all genres but will be brief yarns designed to entertain, enlighten and/or uplift. One a day will be posted, Monday through Friday."


I loved Jenny's story of a missing husband and a "perfect" marriage than might not be. Beautifully written and engrossing, it reads like the love child of a Harlan Coben novel and a Laura Lippman short story. And as I told Jenny, I mean that in the best possible way.

Ms. Milchman's agent is currently shopping a novel, and I predict we'll be seeing more from her soon. Yea!

While you're over there, consider submitting a short story to Lunch Reads. Looks like a wonderful place to wet your feet and meet new readers.

Comments

Jenny Milchman said…
Colleen, thank you so much for reading (and liking)! As you can imagine, it feels a little new and unreal for a writer I admire to mention something of mine.

I can't think of much better than being the love child of Harlan Coben and Laura Lippman. My writing being the love child, I mean...Well, you know what I mean.

Thanks again!
Joni Rodgers said…
Gofightwin Jenny!

(Actually, make that "Gofightwin Jenny's agent!")