"I'm a professional observer." (Sebastion Junger on WAR and rhythm)


Today on Steven Pressfield Online, Sebastion Junger stops by to talk about his latest bestseller, WAR, and his documentary, Restrepo, which premiers this fall on NatGeo.

Junger commenting on his personal writing process:
I’m a professional observer. I try to understand how things work and what they feel like to experience. Then I take those ideas home and try to turn them into words. Each sentence and paragraph has to have the right rhythm, word choices must be original and metaphors must be exactly right. I know I’ve done it right when I pick up something I’ve written and can’t stop reading it. That’s the same criterion I use, obviously, with other peoples’ writing as well.
Click here to read the rest. 

Buy WAR from IndieBound.

Comments