I'm So Effing 50!

Diagnosed with blood cancer at 32, I was told it was unlikely I'd live more than five years. My goal was my 40th birthday. I just wanted my kids (then 5 and 7) to be old enough to remember me, and I wanted to get one book published.

In 120 days, I'll turn 50. My kids are grown, and I've had over a dozen books published. God is good. Life is amazing. And I'm celebrating my advent to the Power Decade by rebooting everything about my body -- fitness, fashion, inner beauty (as depicted in a mammogram), facial regime -- with the philosophy that this is a spa-fest of self care, not a bootcamp blast of self-improvement. So let the Fiftyness begin!

I'm posting videos on my solo blog The Girl With the Shakespeare Tattoo. Here's my first day with personal trainer Bill Rushforth.

Comments

Congratulations in advance! And thanks for the reminder that every single day's a gift!

Heading back to the deadline cave! See you on the other side.
caitlin said…
rock on, joni!