Some Days, This Work Is Just Plain Cool


I had one of those rare days yesterday where I'm really deep into the story, lighting like a butterfly on various tweaks here and there, making solid forward progress with a respectable number of pages. The focus was all there, but near day's end, when I took a moment to come up for air, I had one of those moments of awareness that this *is* happiness for me.

Of course, someone else put it more eloquently:


"Nothing contributes so much to tranquilizing the mind as a steady purpose - a point on which the soul may fix its intellectual eye."

- Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley

I hope today you'll let reviews, rejection, and reality fall by the wayside and take a moment to simply be happy in the work.

Comments

Christie Craig said…
So true Colleen. Nothing beats a good day accomplishing something that is your passion.

Congrats on your day.
Thanks! Too bad I didn't follow it up with a second virtuous workday, but life happens. :)