Signings, signings, signings


More than any other time of year, I love doing autographings during the holidays. There are lots of people out and about, and some of them actually clap on to the idea that a personalized, signed book makes a thoughtful gift. Either that, or they're worn down by the long lines at the electronics superstores and appreciate the mob-free, laid-back, and friendly atmosphere of most signings. I don't believe in hard sells, don't get up from the table and wander the store or get in people's faces or jam copies in their hands. I chat. I offer. And I try to leave potential buyers with the impression that they've just met this really nice, approachable author who clearly enjoys meeting readers. (Most readers, anyway.)

If you're in the Houston area, I hope you'll look for me at the following dates/locations, where I'll be signing my new release, The Salt Maiden. If you're elsewhere, I hope you'll keep an eye out for the book, which is due in stores on or about November 27th. But whether or not you pick up my book, I hope you'll at least pick up one or more as gifts this holiday season - for yourself or others.

December 1, 2007 Autographing at Katy Budget Books, Katy, TX. From 11-2.

December 8, 2007, Autographing with author Christie Craig at Barnes and Noble in The Woodlands Mall (The Woodlands, TX) from 2:00 to 4:00 PM.

December 15, 2007, Autographing with author Christie Craig at Murder by the Book in Houston from 4:30 to ? PM.

January 12, 2008, Speaking and autographing at chapter meeting of West Houston Romance Writers of America. See site for schedule.

January 12, 2008, Autographing at Borders in The Woodlands with fellow authors Nina Bangs, Gerry Bartlett, Christie Craig, and Teri Thackston from 3:00 to 5:00 PM.

January 15, 2008, Speaking and autographing at chapter meeting of Bay Area Houston Romance Writers of America, 7:30 PM.

Comments