Sunday Morning Quote: Plath on Self-Doubt


Recently, I've rediscovered Sylvia Plath, reacquainting myself with this incredibly talented writer (whose genius goes so far beyond The Bell Jar).

This morning she spoke to me about the trouble that always plagues me as I complete a manuscript:

"And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt."
~Sylvia Plath

So today, I'm donning the ancient armor of Wonder Woman (photo is of a supercool custom action figure by Glorbes; thanks for showning feminine armor that doesn't reveal more flesh than it protects!) and girding my loins for the final push on this draft. Now I feel ready to slay the self-doubt dragon.

Comments

Elen Grey said…
Good luck with the final push. That is one verra cool action figure. I want!
Thanks, Elen... and I'd love one of those, too!
Joni Rodgers said…
"Outgoing guts."

Well said.
Suzan Harden said…
Oooo, I want the figure! I had to pack my Wonder Woman Barbie (along with all the other Marvel and DC superheroines) that normally stands on my desk next to my computer. For some reason, the realtor didn't think they were a selling point for the house.
Silly Realtor! :) Everybody knows that WW rocks.