See sneak peek (It's never to early to start building the summer reading list!)


The minute I saw yesterday's PW review of Shanghai Girls by Lisa See I had a vision. Me...sling chair...white sand...SPF 50 on my nose and the healthy weight of a hardcover in my hand...

Saith PW:
Pearl and her younger sister, May, enjoy an upper-crust life in 1930s Shanghai, until their father reveals that his gambling habit has decimated the family's finances and to make good on his debts, he has sold both girls to a wealthy Chinese-American as wives for his sons... See's skillful plotting and richly drawn characters immediately draw in the reader, covering 20 years of love, loss, heartbreak and joy while delivering a sobering history lesson. ...an accomplished and absorbing novel.

We have to hang on till June, but I'll remind you when it's time to break out the beach cruisers.

Comments

Sounds fascinating. Love this kind of thing.