The Unlikeliest of Allies



When I saw this beautiful CBS piece on the unlikely alliance (or let's call it what it is: love) between an aging elephant and a stray dog, it touched my heart... and reminded me that in this business, it's important to have a like-minded pal or 2 (or 70) in your corner. If you're open to it, you'll find writing allies from vastly different backgrounds and experience can not only add immensely to your knowledge, but can immeasurably enrich your life.

This little clip should be required viewing for those on Capitol Hill. ;)

Comments

Jo Anne said…
Made me cry, Colleen. And it's the reason - no matter how many times I get 'stepped on' by untrustworthy souls, I will remain as wide open and nonjudgemental as I possibly can. One never knows where to true 'gifts' of life will manifest.

Thanks for my heartwarming 'fix' of the day.
Glad you liked it, too. And I agree. You can protect yourself by closing off yourself to others, but you miss a whole lot of worthwhile stuff in the process.

Happy weekend!