Retro Cool Pop Culture: Harlequin's Heart of a Woman Art Exhibit


One of the coolest marketing efforts I observed at the conference was Harlequin's 60th Anniversary Celebration. To direct attention to the company's wonderful effort to give a free sample to every woman in America, the company featured its (mostly male) pulp fiction roots by highlighting those great old covers.

One of my faves, for a title called "You Never Know with Women," graced a huuuge conference bag -- one destined to be collected rather than stowed away or tossed with bags from past years. I also picked up the best swag ever at the Harlequin party, a tin chock full of retro cover postcards.

Didn't get one? The images have been licensed and with soon be available in stores. (Yea!) Meanwhile, allow me to whet your appetite with a preview of the NY Art Exhibition, "The Heart of a Woman."

Be sure to check out those fascinating captions, too.

Art Exhibit

Shared via AddThis

Comments

Joni Rodgers said…
BEST. BAG. EVER.


(Dear Santa, I have been a very good girl this year...)
Joni Rodgers said…
Update: Would you believe Colleen procured another bag for me? What a woman! What a bag! Thanks, Colleeny!
Thanks to Kathleen Adey, who helped me play Santa. :)