Why Is This Seal Smiling?


Allow me to introduce my new friend Sabrina "Seal the Deal"Seal, from my recent trip to San Diego. She's smiling because I shared the news of a brand-new book sale, of Shadowed Dawn to Harlequin Intrigue for their new Shiver series.

Shadowed Dawn (Sept. 2011) is a spooky, atmospheric New Orleans-set story about a young cemetery tour guide, an enigmatic photographer, and the creepiest killer ever to haunt the Quarter. The book's follow-up, Gossamer Moon, written by my pal, Joanna Wayne, will come out the next month.

Since this book was sold off of a brief treatment (I'll describe how that works in a later post) I'll be writing the manuscript in the coming months and charting my progress here. I hope you'll join me on my journey -- or at least share a smile in the name of a new sale to a new-to-me line and editor.

I'm very excited to be embarking. Can't wait to sink my teeth into this book!

Comments

Joni Rodgers said…
GOFIGHTWIN BOOK DEAL!
Mylène said…
And a FAT deal too!
A fat seal for a fat deal? I don't know about that, but I'm happy to be a working writer. :)

And my sister implied that photo was a self-portrait. Wait'll I get my hands on that little...
Suzan Harden said…
Break a leg on the new book! We're looking forward to updates!
LOL LOL LOL "Fat seal for a fat deal" Ha ha ha ha ha. And that novel sounds fantastic! Love stories set in NO!

I also love that you're going to share the process with us. I find that the most fascinating thing about this blog, being able to hear each others' processes.

Oh, and word verification": belie
(oooooooh)
And congratulations, Colleen. This is huge.
Thanks so much, Joni, Mylene, Kathryn and Suzan! Gotta love the enthusiasm!