Sunday quote-Churchill on Writing a Book

“Writing a book is an adventure. To begin with, it is a toy and an amusement; then it becomes a mistress, and then it becomes a master, and then a tyrant. The last phase is that just as you are about to be reconciled to your servitude, you kill the monster, and fling him out to the public.”
- Winston Churchill

I think I've reached the "master" point with my current secret writing project, which is waking me up at all hours and chasing me to the keyboard. But maybe that's just the secret lover phase, because I absolutely can't wait to wrap myself back in imagination's arm.

At what stage are you in your current writing process? "Dating an idea," as Joni likes to call it, or in a death match to see which of the two of your survives the process?

Comments

Suzan Harden said…
I wouldn't call the current stage a death match. More like the passionate/no-holds-barred/fighting-on-molten-lava lightsabre battle between Obi-wan and Annakin. *grin*
gumste said…
Ha...I like the phase of *lover* that I have been in for four years...
Jeanna Thornton said…
Ha...I like the phase of *lover* that I have been in for four years...

(sorry for weird name earlier...don't know how I did that!)
Love that, Suzan! May the Force be with you!

And lucky you, Jeanna! That's a great place to be.