Book This Book/Watch This Movie: Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close

I had the weirdest experience this morning. On the BtO link sidebar (Joni Rodgers has put together a wonderful collection, in case you've never checked it out) my eye was caught by the LA Times Jacket Copy link, so I went and checked out the following trailer, for the upcoming movie (based on Jonathan Safran Foer's novel of the same name, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.)



I was so moved by this trailer (featuring Tom Hanks, Sandra Bullock, and talented newcomer Thomas Horn), so eager to see this Christmas release, that I immediately went to Amazon to order the book. Only to realize, a split second before I hit that insidious one-click buy-it-now button, that I'd already read it when it first came out in 2005! That's why I was so attracted to the trailer in the first place.

D'oh! I can't believe I forgot, even for a moment, how much I loved that book! An emotional story of the love of a very special boy for a father lost in the events of 9/11, it's so much more than a depressing angst-a-thon. It's a tale of hope and adventure, a coming of age story written by a man who's not afraid to feel things along with his readers.

I hope you'll check it out.

Comments

Emma said…
Hello there,
Good to be here, great content you have got down here. Hope to come back again.
Regards,
British Shopping Directory