Sometimes a door is just a door...and then there's this cuckoo for Rococo puffs door in Paris


No apologies for my recent absence from the blog. Went Euro-tripping in Germany and France with the Gare Bear, who extracted a rock solid promise that I would not work on this trip. I didn't even keep a journal.

Our last night in Paris, via subway, bus and miles of walking, we searched out this doorway Gary had read about. The building at 29 Avenue Rapp in the 7th arrondisement was designed by Jules Aimé Lavirotte and won the Concours de Façades de la Ville de Paris in 1901, but it caused a controversy when people looked closely at the configuration on the door. (A bit more obvious if you view it upside down, and I don't even want to know the backstory on the person who discovered that.)

Have a groovy weekend, everyone. Back next week with renewed energy for this business that I love with an entirely new perspective. More about that later.

Comments

Suzan Harden said…
ROFLMAO!

Thanks, Joni! I needed that today!
I know this door!! Takes me right back to Paris. Thanks so much for the post. Susan
It's the Eiffel Tower, right?