Fabulous Freebies from Writer's Digest

I don't know about you, but I cut my teeth on the craft books published by Writer's Digest. I thought of authors Nancy Kress, Lawrence Block, and Orson Scott Card as Mount Olympus gurus and learned so much from studying their words (including their fiction.)

Today, Writer's Digest is offering Kindle editions of six books on writing absolutely free, including How to Be a Writer: Building Your Creative Skills Through Practice and Play, by Barbara Baig; Les Edgerton's Hooked: Write Fiction That Grabs Readers at Page One & Never Lets Them Go; The Complete Handbook of Novel Writing; Story Structure Architect, by Victoria Lynn Schmidt (I loved her book on master character archetypes); Marilyn Ross's The Complete Guide to Self-Publishing: Everything You Need to Know to Write, Publish, Promote and Sell Your Own Book (Complete Guide to Self-Publishing Everything); and finally, Getting the Words Right, by Theodore Cheney.


My advice: even if you don't have time to read them right away, load up your e-reader, phone, computer or other device now, because this offer may end at any time. Most of these books have excellent reader feedback, and who knows, one of them may prove to be your personal tipping point.

Thanks to author Jana deLeon and DailyCheapReads.com for alerting me to this fabulous freebie!

Comments

Kay Hudson said…
Colleen, I stumbled across these on Amazon's free book list last night and downloaded four of them, three of which I already had on paper. I keep reminding myself that I can carry hundreds, maybe thousands, of books around on that little bitty reader.
Brandie Nickerson said…
This was great Colleen! Thanks for posting :-)

Brandie
Glad to share the booty, Brandie. I hope that you and Kay both enjoyed. I snagged some, too, to have on hand. You never know when a boring waiting room might happen.
Score! Thanks for sharing. This is even cheaper than I get WD books at our local library book sale, where they go for about $1-2 apiece. It seems there are quite a few people who sign up for the WD book club and never even crack the books, because most of them are in pristine condition.

I buy extras of my favorites and when I run across newbie writers who could benefit from them, I give the extra copy away. That will be harder to do with e-copies! Thanks again.
Glad you found the links helpful, Angelica! What a generous idea, sharing the books with friends! Now you can simply share the links for free. :)