Shees baaaaaack! (Did ya miss me?)

I'm unearthing myself from my self-imposed hiatus from all writing other than fiction to give an update. I am working like mad to finish the final, final, final draft of my novel, since I have promised my prison students that I will have finished it and queried 15 agents by the time I start teaching again--in January. The work is going well, although I'm a little bug-eyed, adding four brand new chapters and tracking threads. Although I'm tired, I'm finally feeling good--okay, even a little great--about the book.

Essentially, it is what is at this point, and I'm ready to stand behind it. And I'm ready to move on and write something else. I can also say that, now nineteen months after my spinal injury and two years post PhD defense, I have finally healed from both the injury and the whole toxic writing workshop experience.

And really, I'm ready to kick a little literary ass.

Comments

Woo, hoo! Wishing you all the best!
Sophia said…
You go girl! I cannot wait to read this novel. I know it's going to keep me up late at night.

Sophia
Anonymous said…
I cannot WAIT to read this book!
Joni Rodgers said…
Gofightwin book!