Matzo balls and Monday in the real world

Yesterday, I decided to rejoin the real world and end my Finding Fast on Day 4 with the most comforting comfort food I know -- matzo ball soup from Katz's Deli. ("I can't help it, I gotta tell ya!") Before I committed myself to seven days, I should have checked my calendar. Not a great idea to refrain from speaking the week of a book release, and the trade paperback edition of The Secret Sisters comes out tomorrow. I've got a lot of legwork to do with interviews, press release followup, and a blitzkrieg of chatty, informal visits to bookstores in Houston and Dallas areas. Does all this do any good? Honestly, I don't know. But I'm trying to apply the Buddhist "finding instead of searching" philosophy I learned from this fast. Mindfulness over matter. Wish me luck.

Comments

Best of luck with the new release! And mmm, you made me hungry with you matzo soup description. :)