The Ultimate in Penultimate!


[Writing is] like driving a car at night. You never see further than your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way. E. L. Doctorow


Sometimes, it's nice to remind ourselves that this writing business rocks. The publishing part can get you down, but is there anything like the rush that comes with unraveling a plot-knot and seeing your way through to The End?

Today I finished the chapter that would not die, the one that (finally) brings home the climax. I then trashed the Awful Epilogue I'd been toying with because suddenly I saw the book's true ending, something that resonates and rings true without being a cloying pile of honey-sweet bee-dung. I haven't yet written that final chapter, but I'm taking a moment to revel in the joy of seeing my destination in the headlights.

Yep. It's true, folks. It's all about the journey.

Comments

Joni Rodgers said…
Rock on, Colleen!