And because I can't resist . . .

Here's another clip from the same episode referenced in the post below, and while purists might not like it, I find the characterization of Dickens stunningly accurate. It's one of my favorite depictions of an author ever, right up with there with Phillip Seymour Hoffman in Capote--another author who enjoyed a large audience for his readings. There's also a really poignant scene near the end of this episode (and not in this clip) where Dickens asks the doctor if his books survive. Brilliant, and heart-tugging for any writer.


Comments

Anonymous said…
These are terrific and I also love *Charles*...
Even if I were allowed the miracle of looking far into the future, I'd be way too scared to ask that question!

Misspent many a youthful Saturday watching Dr. Who, in several of his incarnations. Have always wanted one of those phone booths.