But wait! There's more! (Great deal from Amazon on two books by yours truly)


Over the last 12 months, I've been working with Nancy Brinker, founder and CEO of Susan G. Komen for the Cure, on her memoir Promise Me: How a Sister's Love Launched the Global Movement to End Breast Cancer. This multifaceted project was beyond fascinating for me, and it was personal. I'm alive today thanks in part to cancer treatment developed with funding from SGK. I can't believe it's been almost ten years since the publication of Bald in the Land of Big Hair, my own memoir about chemo and how the experience led to the writing and publication of my first two novels (neither of which is about cancer.) Even more mind-blowing--the thing is still in print! It keeps going like an Energizer bunny year after year, and no one is more surprised than I.

At the risk of sounding like the Slap Chop guy, Amazon is offering a great deal right now. Preorder Promise Me along with Bald in the Land of Big Hair for less than the cover price of one hardcover book. "But wait! There's more!" says Slappy. If you preorder Promise Me now, Random House and Susan G. Komen for the Cure will send a free autographed copy of Promise Me to your sister or friend. Click here for details.

Comments

Two very worthy books - and that two for one's a great deal. I've taken advantage and ordered a copy of the new book for myself and my sis, too.