Daily Conversation in the Writer's Head

Good morning.

Good morning.

Give up?

No.

Give up. Give up.

It's only words. Just word after word. Like child's play once was. And can be again.

Give up.

No.

Good afternoon.

Good afternoon.

Give up. Give up give up give up!

It's only form. It's shape. I can make it. I'm almost beginning to feel it. It's there. I know it. It's somewhere. I think.

Good evening.

Ah, good evening. Tired.

give up give give up give up give up give up give up give give up

I almost had it. For a moment. There were moments. There are moments. I think. It was a good day. It was a day. It was work. It was something.

Night.

Night, yes. Yes. Dark. Monsters.

Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. You can't do it. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. You can't do it. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. You can't do it. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. You can't do it. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. Give up. You can't do it.

Tomorrow.

Again.

Good morning.

Give up?

No.


--MD

Comments

kenyonn2000 said…
Oh boy, does that sound familiar!
Joni Rodgers said…
Yup. That's what I call the Monkey Chorus.

(:(o)
I saw the title of that post and knew it would be good. (And I love your little monkey emoticon there, Joni) Lately I've been having an attack of what Nathan Bransford calls the "Am I Crazies" and what we in academia call the "phony police." But it does help to talk back to those voices.