Didn't We Just *Have* Christmas?


It is an unwritten rule that the busiest season for any writer will be the busiest season of her personal life. And when it comes to the mom-writer, the Christmas season is often the busiest of all.

Which means, it's only a matter of days (weeks, perhaps) before my edits show up, which will derail my attempts to get my current off-track WIP back on track. In these desperate hour, shopping goes online and decorating goes... well, let's put it this way. Two years ago I relegated all decorating to the guys, and we haven't put up a tree since.

But nevertheless, there's something warm and fuzzy about Christmas that remains stubbornly nestled in my heart. The music, the wrapping, and of course the reason for the season, that best-beloved of all stories... and most meaningful.

And then there are Rudolph and Clarice, perhaps the first star-crossed romance that captured my imagination. They'll be making their Christmas visit to network TV this Wednesday evening, and this year, I swear I'm making time to revisit that favorite childhood memory.

Comments

Joni Rodgers said…
That clip reminds me of the first time a literary agent requested the full ms of my first novel...
Elen Grey said…
*Two years ago I relegated all decorating to the guys, and we haven't put up a tree since.*

My shoulders are shaking. I shared this with my sweetie.