Bookalanche! For My BoxOcto pals (and in honor of a silly cat)

During my morning writing session, Mali, our fearless little Burmese, figured out that books on shelves make great forts. She also realized that when the big boy cats come (one of whom is twice her size), she can hide behind the books and push them out onto them, rapid fire, until she creates an avalanche of books.

The kicker: This is the shelf where I have my BoxOcto books and books by other writers I admire. Note Colleen's Touch of Evil on the floor there next to that giant picture of Amy Tan, and if you squint, you can see the corner of Joni's Crazy for Trying peeking out two books back from Kathryn Stockett's The Help. A friend of mine on facebook pointed out how clearly she could see the word "help" in this picture.

Even better? That book that's precariously positioned between standing and falling?

Sophie's Choice.


Oh, and busted:

Comments

I'm sure my books have been used as doggie chew toys and doorstops before, but this may be a first time for rival cat bombs! :)
The funny thing is that she does it to us too! We'll be walking along, and a book will just come out and whack us! We'll stop and look, and she'll be there, hidden behind some other books. She's so small she can fit in a bookshelf very easily, whereas the 18+ pound Maine Coon/Ragdoll would bookalanche the second he jumped up there.

Ah, pets. Gotta love 'em, even though they're very distracting. Mark's man cave/office in the garage is designated as a no-cat zone for that reason. I'd close off this room, but I can't take the scratching and the whining, so I just live with it. :)
Since I can't even keep my dogs out of my bed, I won't judge.